Monday, June 16, 2014

An update, of a sort

There's too much to catch up on in the more-than-a-year past, but I'm back in cooking and writing mode.  Cooking because I'm taking up a challenge on behalf of my young son (yes, he's part of the more-than-a-year past) to eliminate all wheat, eggs, and dairy from my diet.  If you look back over many of the recipes I've posted here, you'll see that this is a significant shift.  In fact, the title of the blog belies an affection for baked goods that is strong (and without wheat, eggs, and dairy, cookies are a mere shadow of what they are meant to be).  But I'm finding plenty to eat nonetheless, and I've made some interesting chemical discoveries in the world of substitutions.

And writing, I hope that will be returning, too, since I'm faced with a double-edged sword of time in the form of a sabbatical from ordinary teaching and administrative responsibilities, and I have a host of writing projects I'm planning.  Yes, this blog is one of them. 

So, if you're still out there, thanks for checking in.  I'm planning to be here more often in the coming weeks, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment